I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable week with family and friends. And, if you are "laying low" like we are on the 4th, we hope to see you soon.
TJ's Take & Bake Pizza on the Grill
Yes! You can grill your TJ's Take & Bake Pizza.
A few important things to remember:
- Do not let the baking tray come in to contact with a direct flame.
- If you check the pizza more than once or twice during the cooking process it will not adversely effect the finished product, but it could extend the cooking time beyond what you may be used to with your oven.
Now, Let's Grill! (instructions assume a gas grill.)
If you want to use charcoal make sure to cook the coals down till they are covered in ash and glowing red with no high reaching flames.
- Let the pizza come to room temperature.
- Preheat your grill to 450 degrees. You will lose heat when you initially place the pizza on the grill. Do not worry, this is not too hot for the tray.
- Place the pizza and the tray it is built on directly on the grill out of reach of any possible flame. If you have multiple burners, turn off the middle burner and just leave the two outside burners on.
- Check your pizza after 6-7 minutes just to see how it is progressing.
- Average time is about the same. However, if it is your first time you may want to check it every 3-4 minutes to ensure nothing is scorching or burning the pizza. This may extend cooking time but not a great deal.
- The pizza is ready when the cheese is bubbly and the crust is a nice golden brown on the top and bottom. If there are some charred areas of the crust that is OK. (They are delicious!)
- For the ultimate grilled pizza, slide the pizza off the baking tray directly onto the grilling rack for 1-2 minutes with the lid off just to sear the bottom and to enhance the finished crust.
- Let cool before cooking for 2-3 minutes and enjoy your new favorite way to enjoy TJ's Take & Bake Pizza!